Custom Tape Converting / Tape Slitting Capabilities
In addition to its extensive standard offering of tape products, Acorn has installed tape slitting equipment to slit pressure sensitive tapes to a variety of custom sizes. This tape slitting machinery allows us to take a large "log" roll and cut it to meet customer requirements. Tape manufacturers typically only produce pressure sensitive tapes in certain standard sizes, so when you are seeking custom sizes, Acorn can help you.
These are some common pressure sensitive tapes that Acorn slits, as well as common uses for these tapes.
- Kapton Tape — Amber colored, polyimide high temperature resistant. Used in the horizontal solder leveling process. Removes without residue.
- Blue Polyester w/Silicone Adhesive — Made in the U.S.A. Used in plating and sometimes powder coating.
- Hot Air Solder Leveling Tape — Preferred in the vertical hot air leveling machines.
- Double Coated Tapes — We stock a few different varieties: white foam, paper, permanent polypropylene in clear and opaque.
- Two Sided Cloth Tape — Used in exhibitions to hold down carpeting, then removed easily when you are ready to leave.
- Vinyl Tapes — 5 mil — comes in all the normal colors. Yellow is standard color for floor marking.
- Striped Vinyl Tapes — Yellow/black, red/white. Yellow/Black is the standard for marking "Caution" or "Hazard."
- PG-21 Masking Tape — Intertape Polymer's high performance masking. Used where heat may be applied and where clean removal is an absolute must.
- Silver Duct Tape — We slit narrow widths such as: 1/4", 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1-1/2".
- ESD Tape (Electro Static Dissipation) — used by companies who handle static sensitive parts. When unwound this product does not create static.
If there is a specialty tape that you require in a custom slit, please inquire. Acorn can provide a sample tape roll for you to test so you can confirm a particular tape will function properly based on the application.
For more information on Custom Tape Slitting, please contact your Acorn Sales Representative.